Well, howdy ho, friends.
Welcome to my Random Stuff List in which I write about the random goings-ons and linky-loos that make up my week. And you guys are all polite about it and pretend that this is actually a real blog post.
1. This week started off with an unexpected visit from my friend, Beth, who I worked with in China. She is currently moving from Texas to the East Coast, so she decided to stop in Michigan on her way. (BTW, you guys, I’m pretty sure Michigan is on the way to EVERYWHERE. So you should probably stop here on your next road trip. Just saying.)
We started things off with a Bachelorette viewing party because that is how we do.
And then we spent Wednesday afternoon on the beach at South Haven.
It was my first time at the beach this summer, and I was like WHY AM I JUST DOING THIS NOW? It’s only about forty-five minutes from my house and if I go on a weekday after work it’s not so full of people that it makes me want to kill myself.
2. I also got to test out my selfie stick again. I’d like to think I’m getting better at selfie-sticking. But I’d say a small percentage of my photos look like this:
While all the rest look like this:
Also, I heard someone making fun of me and my selfie-stick, and I’d just like to tell that person I CAN HEAR YOU. Also RUDE. Also YOU ARE JUST JEALOUS AND YOU KNOW IT.
3. In other exciting news of my life, I have new glasses and I LURRVE them!
Yep, I’m rocking the cateye look. You guys, I just need to buy some tweed skirts and some cardigans with elbow patches and I’ll have the nerdy librarian look DOWN.
4. Okay, so everybody on the Facebook has been talking about Stranger Things on Netflix and I TRIED to watch it. In fact, I watched two whole episodes before I freaked out, turned on all the lights in my house and vowed to never go to sleep again for fear of slimy alien abduction.
I’m going to have to add that show to my list of Shows I Wish I Could Watch But I Like Sleep Too Much So Can Someone Just Watch It For Me and Tell Me How It Ends?
Other shows on that list include: Marcella (OMIGOD, you guys, SO GOOD. But also made me suspect everyone of being a serial killer), Dexter (I didn’t even TRY to watch that), and The Walking Dead (seriously didn’t sleep for two days after watching one episode because THE ZOMBIES WILL EAT MY BRAIIINNSSS.)
5. I am proud to report that I spent pretty much all of yesterday in bed reading. And this is why I can never have children or any pets more demanding than my cat because at least once a month I need an entire day where I’m not required to get out of bed.
But, you guys: Meh.
It doesn’t have much of a plot. And while I think the characters are well-written, I don’t particularly like any of them. It reminds me a lot of The Interestings, which everyone seemed to love and I was like, “And, tell me why I’m supposed to care that much about these snobby white kids?”
But I’m proud of myself for actually getting through it because I’ve been starting and stopping so many books this summer. I just want one big epic book that I can dive into, but I have yet to find it this summer.
6. I STILL have zucchini hanging out in my fridge that needs to be used up if it hasn’t died already. (I’m kind of scared to look.) I’m thinking this zucchini pie recipe needs to happen today.
And, I know it’s not even August yet and PLEASE DON’T HATE ME, but I’ve already started dreaming of pumpkin foods. Like, this pumpkin pecan cobbler. GAH!
8. Umm, so the Smithsonian is looking to hire someone to drink beer. You know, for RESEARCH PURPOSES.
You guys, it’s like I’ve been training MY ENTIRE LIFE for that job.
9. In case you’re wondering, you can now buy gigantic wearable felt cat heads. Because who doesn’t need that?
10. Speaking of cats, a Camping with Cats Instagram account exists and it’s really making me want to take my cat camping even though I’m pretty sure she’d try to kill me.
What random stuff is happening in your life right now, friends? Tell me all about it.
Disclosure: Some of the above links are Amazon affiliate links, which means I can earn a small commission for purchases made at no extra cost to you. Which means I’ll just buy more books I either won’t read or will just whine about.