Happy Sunday, folks! I hope your week has been super fab and full of sunshine, pleasant surprises and pizza. As all weeks should be.
Let’s random stuff, shall we?
1. Earlier this week, I was rocking out my polka dot dress (with matching polka dot lunch bang, OBVIOUSLY) and the whole shoes-with-no-socks look.
And then yesterday, I looked out the window and THIS:
What the heck, Mother Nature? If this is an April Fool’s joke you’re a day late. And, can we go back to spring already because my feet are not cool with having to wear socks any more than is absolutely necessary.
2. Speaking of April Fool’s Day, can we all agree it’s the WORST DAY ON THE EARTH EVER? I’m the type of person who totally believes everything people say because I’d like to think people are good and not full of evil trickery and lies. So I have to spend the entire day reminding myself that everyone’s a TOTAL LIAR AND CAN’T BE TRUSTED.
But, now the April Fool’s Day pranks have started in March (MARCH!), as I learned when I read an article on Yahoo on March 31st about Trader Joe’s closing, and I almost had a heart attack because I don’t want to imagine a life without cookie butter. And then it turned out it was all a hoax.
I can understand starting Christmas or Halloween a few days (or… ahem, months) early because these are awesome holidays that involve cookies and presents and candy and dressing up in costumes. But April Fool’s Day is stupid and shouldn’t get any more than its allotted 24 hours (if that).
(Until next year. When I’m sure April Fool’s Day will start in February and life will be miserable for gullible people like myself.)
3. One April Fool’s Day hoax I wish were real: Hulu Datr.
4. Speaking of the Internet TV, what are you guys watching right now? I love, love, LOVE My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (and have a not-so-secret crush on Josh Chan myself). And I just started watching the Real O’Neals, which is super cute. And I’m trying to get into The Americans, which people keep on recommending to me, but I’m not there yet.
Basically, I’m just trying to fill my time until Season 2 of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt starts, and life will have meaning again.
5. I bought this copy of Glamour in the grocery store yesterday even though I hardly ever buy women’s fashion magazines because all the articles are about dating or dieting or wearing $500 skirts or other things I don’t do.
But I got so excited when I saw Ashley Graham looking hot as heck on the cover. I was a bit disappointed later when I opened it and discovered it’s not a regular monthly edition of Glamour — instead it’s a “Special Edition” for ladies size 12 and up. I’m not really sure why ladies size 12 and up can’t be included in the regular monthly Glamour magazines. Especially since ladies size twelve and up make up over sixty percent of the regular female population.
But I guess it’s a start. Maybe?
6. On a related note: “I Dressed So You Could See My Visible Belly Outline For A Week And It Was Scary”
I especially loved this: “… our worrying that something is “not cute” is a really stupid reason to not do something.”
7. Since posting photos from my new kitchen this week, I’ve been thinking about the kitchens of my past.
Like, hey, remember, this one from my previous apartment, which was literally the size of a closet. LITERALLY.
Or, hey, remember this wonder from China. Those green cabinets! Those orange chairs! That ridiculous glass table!
And from the wayback kitchen time machine: my kitchen/dining room/living area/office in Japan.
Can we talk about that the crazy three-tiered dish drying rack and how we really need those in North America already?
8. Speaking of Japan, Starbucks there are starting to sell alcohol.
I’d like a triple venti two-pump no-whip extra-boozy wine frappuccino, please.
(Apparently this exists in United States. I had no idea.)
9. I think I’ve posted this recipe before but this is definitely my favorite It’s-a-Weekday-So-I-Can’t-Really-Be-Bothered-But-I-Still-Want-to-Feel-Like-a-Responsible-Adult-Person meal: Stupidly Easy Peanut Noodles.
I add baked tofu and ALL THE VEGGIES to mine so I can feel even more adult.
What’s your favorite It’s-a-Weekday-So-I-Can’t-Really-Be-Bothered-But-I-Still-Want-to-Feel-Like-a-Responsible-Adult-Person meal?
10. Speaking of noodles, how perfect is this noodle dress? I want to get married in it. For real.
That’s all, my fine folks. Hope you’re having a lovely sunny (not snowy) Sunday. And be sure to tell me what your watching/eating/wearing/reading!