Happy Sunday to all and Happy Easter to all who celebrate! I hope your day involves lots of pancakes and not a lot of wearing of pants. I know mine already has.
Let’s talk random stuff!
1. Ummm, so, you guys, you may not have noticed this unless you’ve gone shoe shopping recently, but clogs are back in! They are ALL OVER the shoe stores right now. Can we all just do a little happy dance — a really loud happy dance because we’re all wearing CLOGS? I bought this pair on Monday, and I’m tempted to find myself another pair in brown because you can NEVER have enough clogs, amiright? (These are B.O.C., but I have tons of friends who swear by Dansko brand.)
2. Public Service Announcement: If you haven’t already done so, you’re going to need to make sure you pick up a six-pack (or ten six-packs) of Reese’s peanut butter eggs because it’s a long, slow slog until Reese’s pumpkins, you guys. I think we can all agree that the holiday-shaped Reese’s are SO MUCH better than the regular Reese’s cups. Not that I’d turn up my nose at a regular Reese’s cup. But there’s just something about the holiday-themed ones that’s perfection. PERFECTION, I TELL YOU. And, it turns out, science is on my side!
3. It’s still cold enough for a big, puffy coat in Michigan (see photo above). But, no matter, spring has sprung! My proof: Oberon, Bell’s famous wheaty beer, is now on sale at the supermarket. And since this is a BIG DEAL here in Kalamazoo, we even celebrate the first day Oberon goes on sale with Oberon Day. It’s like a holiday. For beer. As it should be.
4. I celebrated my being a responsible adult-person and finally doing my taxes yesterday by going to the Alamo Drafthouse to day-drink and watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2. It wasn’t as good as the first one, but I still loved it and sat through the whole thing with a big goofy grin on my face.
And, can we talk about how I’ve had a crush on John Corbett since I was fourteen and he was in Northern Exposure. I wanted to marry him then, and I still want to marry him now. How is that even possible?
Another sequel I’m super looking forward to even though I know it won’t be nearly as good as the first one: Bridget Jones’s Baby. I actually squealed when I saw the preview.
6. I visited the Duke Lemur Center in Durham, North Carolina a few years ago, and I have to agree with Geraldine’s assessment of the lemurs: they are the cutest little snuggleballs. (Although you, sadly, don’t get to snuggle with them.)
7. File under “I need to go to there”: The secret trash collection in the New York Sanitation Garage.
9. Maybe it’s not fear that’s holding you back from traveling, but money. Well, that didn’t stop this Kenyan woman from going on an epic Asian adventure — or, at least, pretending to. She photoshopped herself into travel photos, and the results are pretty awesome.
10. What recipes are you obsessing over at the moment? I’ve been crazy about all things lemon. (I made these super fluffy lemon yogurt pancakes for breakfast today). And this spring roll bowl looks like EVERYTHING.
What’s going on with you this week? Tell me all about it!