Oh, ummmm, well, hello there.
I know it’s been a while since I’ve done one of these. How do even start these things? With numbers, right? Okay, let’s do it.
1. So, I had jury duty this week. You guys, I’ve got some information for you that you’re not going to like: Good Wife has been lying to us!
I was on the jury for two whole days and not at any point during those two whole days did anyone burst into the courtroom with last minute evidence and there weren’t nearly enough objections. In fact, I ended up taking six pages of notes just so I would stay awake during the trial that’s how boring and tedious it was.
And then, THEN, to make matters worse they ended up settling outside of court, so all my pages of notes were for nothing. NOTHING! I was really bummed. I hope I get a jury duty re-do. And the next time around, there better be a whole lot more objections and last-minute bits of shocking evidence. Also, I’d like all the lawyers to look like Matthew Goode, thankyouverymuch.
2. If only I’d seen this article in The Onion on tips for jury duty before my service this week, I could have really spiced things up.
3. So, my fellow American peeps, what are your Thanksgiving plans?
I have a vegetarian friend coming into town, so I’m looking for non-turkey recipes for Turkey Day.
I’m thinking this sweet potato dish, this broccoli cauliflower casserole, and brownies. Because, hey, if you’re not going to eat turkey, you might as well replace it with brownies, right? I feel the Pilgrims would approve.
4. In case you’re worried about family conflict this Thanksgiving, may I suggest some Adele? She solves all problems.
5. Speaking of Adele, have you seen the video of Adele pretending to be Adele?
Oh man, can we just be friends with Adele already?
6. What are you watching on the Netflix right now?
I just finished the first season of Master of None with Aziz Ansari.
I really liked it, but I have to say there’s one thing that drove me completely nuts: the size of his apartment. I mean, how the heck does a partially employed actor afford that size of an apartment in New York City? Does that kind of thing drive anyone else completely bonkers?
On a related note, my parents are always freaking out every time someone gives birth to a baby on a television show and the baby is, like, twenty pounds and has a full head of hair. They’re like, “There’s no way that’s a newborn baby.”
So, basically, I’m turning into my parents. But instead of griping about the size of television babies I’m griping about the size of television apartments. So, in other words, you should probably never watch television with any one of us.
7. It snowed like whoa here yesterday, and I have yet to actually go outside. (What? I’ve been busy. Netflix doesn’t just watch itself, you guys.)
But, now that winter is official, I’m all about these tips on how to actually enjoy winter.
8. So, I’d like to introduce you to my new pajama pants:
Aren’t they just the cat’s pajamas? GET IT??? THE CAT’S PAJAMAS! BECAUSE THEY ARE PAJAMAS WITH CATS ON THEM!
On a related note, I will be wearing these all winter break and making that same joke in my head during that time, and it will never get old. NEVER, I SAY!
9. My friend sent me this link for imitation cat poop jewelry, to which I have to say maybe I’m taking this cat thing too far? I mean, when your friends start sending you links to jewelry made to look like cat poop that’s, like a warning sign, right?
Although I do have to say, I’m kind of impressed by the company’s commitment to realism. I mean, not only does it look exactly like a little kitty turd, it even comes in it’s own box of cat litter.
But, still, NOPE.
10. Speaking of cat links, here are your cat links for the week:
Cats invaded the G-20 Summit. Making it the most adorable world summit EVER.
Um, so there is a cat circus. With a groundhog that plays a gong. I NEED TO RUN AWAY AND JOIN THIS CIRCUS RIGHT NOW.
How was your week? Got any cat links/non-turkey Turkey Day recipes/other fun stuff to share? Have at it!