1. You guys, you guys, you guys! Yesterday, I booked all my campground reservations for a nine-day solo camping adventure in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula for this July.
I should probably mention that the longest I’ve ever stayed in a tent is two days.
Oh, and that at least one of the campgrounds that I booked has a warning on their website about bears. BEARS!
So, you know, I WILL PROBABLY DIE.
(I know I say that every time I do everything, but this time I really mean it.)
2. Also on the plan is to head back to Michigan via car ferry across Lake Michigan via Milwaukee via Wisconsin via BEERANDCHEESEANDALLTHINGSGOODINLIFE.
So if you have any suggestions for stuff I should do in the Milwaukee area, let me know. And by “stuff,” I mean “beer and cheese.” I figured you’d already know that by now, but I just wanted to clarify.
3. You know how I’m always saying I don’t have any friends? And how you’re always saying, “Well, Jesus, girl, maybe you need to change out of your pajamas and get out of the house more?” And I’m like, “You mean, wear REAL PANTS? No, thanks.”
Well, I’m happy to report I made a friend this week!
My friend is a fellow travel blogger who happens to live in Kalamazoo, who I had talked to before on Twitter, but I had no idea was in the same area, until our mutual Australian friend in Vietnam introduced us on Facebook.
Ain’t the Internet grand?
Now one of these days I may actually attend a Meet Up, like I keep threatening to do.
(Gah! Don’t make me do it!)
4. Okay, so I’ve finally jumped on the overnight oats bandwagon. Are we all doing this yet?
I was a bit skeptical at first because all the recipes I looked at kept on including stuff like chia seeds. I have no idea what a chia seed is. Are they in any way related to Chia Pets? Is this really something we should be eating?
Also, I don’t own a single Mason jar. Which is apparently THE WAY to store your overnight oats.
But I was pleasantly surprised by the overnight oats I made, even if they were chia-seed-less and housed in a Rubbermaid container. They were super filling, which is important for me, because I teach four hours straight every morning and if I get hungry during those four hours SOMEONE WILL DIE.
And I really liked the fact that, since I prepared everything the night before, I didn’t have to do anything in the morning. I mean, I know regular non-overnight oats aren’t all that hard to make, but some mornings even operating the microwave is just, like, waaaaayyyyy too much. You know?
So, basically, I’m a convert.
I’m sure by next week, I’ll have a cupboard full of Mason jars and chia seeds. Whatever they are.
5. So, prior to Season 3 of OITNB, I was looking for something binge-worthy on Netflix.
I have them.
The robots at Netflix said I’d like Chasing Life, this family drama about some twenty-year-old journalist with cancer. But then again the robots at Netflix have also said I’d like some movie called Scrotal Recall. So I’m not so sure those robots can be trusted.
I’ve since become obsessed. (With Chasing Life. Not Scrotal Recall.)
I’ve also become completely and totally convinced I have cancer. Kind of like when I watch two episodes of So You Think You Can Dance back-to-back and I convince myself I can dance.
I’m not entirely sure which one is more dangerous: to be convinced I have cancer or to be convinced I can dance. You’d probably think the cancer thing would be worse, but, then again, you’ve probably never seen me dance.
6. Umm, so, apparently, my Fitbit has been lying to me.
Not cool, Fitbit. Not cool.
7. Umm, you guys, WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME ABOUT CATCON??? Seriously. I feel really let down right now that this happened without me.
8. I found this article on the history of the crazy cat lady really interesting:
“The cat lady is and has always deviated from the norm. It is this deviation that made her a goddess, this deviation that made her a target, and this deviation that makes her so intriguing.”
Do you hear that, you guys? I AM AN INTRIGUING GODDESS, OKAY???
Well, hello there, friends. How was your week? Do you have Milwaukee suggestions/overnight oat recipes/binge-worthy Netflix shows/cat links to share with me?? I really hope you do!