1. You guys, I’m exactly one week away from my big FIRST-EVER-IN-FIVE-BILLION-YEARS 5K. And I’m feeling like I might actually, maybe, kind of survive it… maybe?
I’ve spent the past two weeks doing my training runs around the campus where I work, which is ridiculously hilly and horrible and makes me swear a lot under my breath. But I haven’t once fallen over and I must kind of look like I know what I’m doing as none of the students have stopped me to ask me if I’m lost or having a heart attack. Although I’m sure they wanted to a few times.
So, yeah, maybe I’ll be okay?
PLEASE TELL ME I’LL BE OKAY.
2. Friday was THE LAST DAY OF CLASSES FOR THE SEMESTER !!!!
For exactly two weeks. And then the summer semester will start up and I’ll have classes again.
But, whatever, THE LAST DAY OF CLASSES FOR THE SEMESTER!!!!
Which means that my students spent the day plying me with homemade sweets in a last ditch effort to get me to give them good grades. Because apparently they think I can be bribed with cake.
(I CAN TOTALLY BE BRIBED WITH CAKE.)
I also got this super cute hand-carved kitty from a Mexican student. This is the second time a student has given me a cat knick-knack. So, basically, even my students know I’m a crazy cat lady. I can not say that I’m surprised by that.
3. Last weekend, I booked my first two solo camping trips of the season. Both of the places I booked don’t have any electricity hook-up.
Like, NONE AT ALL NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT.
Which meant I promptly ordered a rechargeable air mattress pump and phone charger. Because, I’m all about roughing it in the wilds of Michigan, but not without my double-tall air mattress and my Instagram. No ways.
And, now to see if they sell a rechargeable coffee machine. That probably exists, right?
4. You know how I went to Detroit and totally fell in love with the city and you guys were all like “Umm, what now?”
In case I didn’t quite convince you of Detroit’s awesomeness, I suggest checking out National Geographic’s series on the city. Hey, if National Geographic says it’s cool, it’s got to be cool, right?
5. Speaking of National Geographic and my love of cities that everybody else likes to make fun of, my hometown of Buffalo, NY, was recently voted the fourth best food city IN THE FREAKING WORLD by the NG.
And this would be the reason why I can never fit into my pants every time I go home for a visit.
6. Speaking of not being able to fit into my pants, did you guys all read about this study that basically proved that exercise doesn’t help weight loss?
I guess that explains how I haven’t lost a single pound in the last three months that I’ve been training for my 5K.
Well, that and the fact that I consider Girl Scout Cookies “training food.”
7. You know, how when I was in Austin and I became obsessed with breakfast tacos. BECAUSE BREAKFAST TACOS.
Well, now I’m obsessed with this recipe for breakfast quesadillas. BECAUSE BREAKFAST QUESADILLAS.
Who wants to come to my house and make them for me? I would totally make them myself, but I’m never coordinated enough in the morning to chop vegetables.
And this is why I’m so scared to buy clothes online.
And, yeah, yeah, I know I could just return it if I don’t like how it fits, but who actually returns stuff they buy online? Not me. I just keep the stuff in my closet, so I can try it on every once in a while in case my self esteem is in need of a little plummeting.
9. Apparently, funeral strippers are something that exists in China. BECAUSE CHINA.
10. You guys, there is a cat named George who can stand on two legs.
Does this make me love my cat, George, a little less because she doesn’t regularly stand on two legs.
Of course, not!
Okay, maybe a little bit.
I mean, A TWO-LEG-STANDING CAT! It’s like having a meerkat for a pet! Who doesn’t want a meerkat for a pet???
How was your week, folks? Got any fun plans for your Sunday?