Oh, umm, hi?
You know how I said in my last random stuff list that I was totally going to write some real posts reeeaaaalllll soon.
Well, I lied.
Or, at least, I half-lied.
You see, I have a whole bunch of half-written real posts. Including one about how I showed up at the Alamo tipsy and about how this wasn’t entirely a bad idea as having two margaritas on your belt really makes standing in line a lot more pleasant.
But I just can’t even right now, you know?
I don’t know if I’m experiencing post-trip blues or end-of-the-semester burnout or it’s-spring-and-all-I-want-to-do-is-sit-in-the-sunshine-and-drink-beer-and-maybe-burn-some-stuff-and-not-do-homeworky-stuff-like-grade-papers-and-write-blog-posts malaise (totally a thing).
I’ve been thinking this means I need to change things up a bit around here. I’m not entirely sure what I mean by that. But when I do know, I’ll let you know. You know?
Until then RANDOM STUFF LIST!
1. Have I mentioned that I’m training for a 5K at the beginning of May?
Or, at least, I thought I was training for a 5K. I mean, I downloaded the Couch to 5K app on my phone and ran every time the little robot voice told me to run.
But, here’s the thing, I did pretty much all of these runs on the treadmill. Because, you know, winter.
But then the past two weeks or so it started to be springy, so I decided to take my runs outside, and that’s when I realized that Couch to 5K has been lying to me. Or maybe it’s the treadmill that’s been lying to me.
I can’t decide. Either way someone is lying to me, you guys.
See here’s the thing about running outside: the sidewalk will not automatically move beneath your feet like it does on the treadmill. You will have to make that sidewalk move yourself and that’s dang hard, you guys. I seriously have felt like I was dying every single time I tried to run outside.
I have about three more weeks to be able to make the sidewalk move beneath my feet without wanting to die.
Can I do it?
Do you have tips on how I can do it?
Please heeellllpppp me!
2. Ummm, so I think I mentioned before that I’ve had to ban myself from downloading Rainbow Rowell books because they make me want to stay in bed all day and read Rainbow Rowell books.
Well, I temporarily eased up on that ban last weekend and downloaded Fangirl, the only book of hers that I hadn’t read yet, and, of course, I spent all day in bed reading it.
And now I’m never allowed to download another Rainbow Rowell book ever again. Well, at least, until she writes a new book, at which point you’ll be able to find me in my bed reading.
3. On Friday, a former student of mine stopped by my office to give me this super duper adorable hand cream from Korea.
And now I want all of my lotions to come in panda-form. Do I have to move to Korea to make that happen? Because I totally will.
She also gave me this handmask. Which apparently cures the sniffles AND bowel discomfort. Those Koreans. Always thinking of everything.
4. Now that it’s finally spring-like, I feel the need to plan like a billion trips for this spring and summer.
Have I told you guys that I have an entire two months off this summer???
I am, needless to say, a little bit excited.
Unfortunately, I don’t have enough moneys to take a big overseas trip or anything like that, but I am thinking a big Midwestern road trip/camping trip/eat-all-the-food-and-drink-all-the-beer trip is in order.
Have any suggestions on where I should go/what I should eat?
5. Speaking of traveling, my pal, Priya, from Priya’s Obsession included my blog on this list of her favorite travel blogs. Even though, as you’ve probably noticed, I write more about my cat than I do about traveling. But it’s super nice to be included in a list of such fab travel bloggers, who actually, you know, write about travel.
6. So I’ve never been the type of girl who dreamed about throwing a big huge wedding. In fact, the whole thing just always sounded like a huge expensive hassle to me.
But I just found out brunch weddings exist and I’m really starting to change my mind about this whole wedding thing because GLITTER DONUTS AND WAFFLE CAKE.
Of course, I would first have to find someone to marry me.
Or can I just serve waffle cake at a commitment ceremony with my cat?
That’s socially acceptable, right?
7. You guys, I’m preeetttty sure I need this cat dress.
That’s all folks! Hope you’re having a great week and enjoying some springlike (or whatever-like) weather. If you need me, I’ll be outside drinking beer and attempting to burn stuff.
As you do.