1. Did you guys notice how I actually wrote a real blog post this week — like one about an actual topic and stuff? YAY ME!
Did you also notice that this post was not five billion words long? This is new thing that I’m trying — this thing where I try not to write ALL THE WORDS because writing ALL THE WORDS takes me ALL THE TIME. And who has ALL THE TIME??? Especially if you’re attempting to watch ALL THE NETFLIX.
Of course, I’ve tried this thing before. And usually I’m pretty good for about two weeks until I go back to writing ALL THE WORDS again. Old habits die hard, people.
2. Hey, you know how last week, I was all like, “I’m training for a 5K and I’m going to DIEEEEEEEEEEE.”
Well, I’m happy to report that I may not die.
This Monday, my stopwatch stopped working in the middle of my training run so I just kept on running until I thought I’d reached the time I was supposed to reach. And then I ran the same route on Wednesday and I realized my Monday run was much longer than it should have been and that I had basically ran a 5K without realizing it.
So now I know I can run a 5K.
I just can’t realize that I’m running a 5K while I’m running the 5K.
This will probably be hard to do while I’m running the 5K race given the fact that I imagine I’ll be wearing a sign that says that I’m running a 5K.
But I’m pretty sure I can trick myself into thinking I’m not running a 5K. I mean, if anyone’s capable of this level of self-delusion, it’s totally me.
3. This is the first week that it really feels like spring.
I know I probably said that a couple weeks ago, but this week I MEAN it.
The sun is shining, flowers are blooming and ice cream has once again become an almost-daily necessity.
All this nice weather may actually inspire me to switch my closet from my winter stuff to my spring/summer stuff. I pulled out the big plastic bin of my spring/summer stuff a few weeks ago, but it’s just been sitting on my bedroom floor where I can regularly rummage through it/run into it with my shins while I’m walking to the bathroom.
4. Do you guys ever write real letters?
I used to be super good at it, but, then, you know, INTERNET.
I still love, love, LOVE receiving real letters. And, in fact, I just got the loveliest letter ever from a friend in Tokyo this week. And it was such a wonderful surprise to open my mailbox and see something in there that was not:
a) a credit card offer
b) Papa John’s pizza coupons
I had the realization that maybe if I wrote more real letters myself, I would actually get real letters in return.
So, I went out and bought a pack of super cute cards this week, and I’ve decided to commence a Real Letter Writing Project, where I write one real letter a week.
Of course, I have yet to actually write this week’s real letter because, you know, INTERNET.
5. I tend to think of myself as a pretty neat and clean person. You know, other than keeping large bins of clothes on my bedroom floor and stuff, I’m pretty good at being tidy.
But then I saw this post on How to Keep A Clean Home and now I’m convinced I live in absolute squalor.
I mean, does everybody change their sheets every single week? Was this mentioned in some adult handbook I never read?
Also, I’m pretty sure I’ve never wiped down the inside of my medicine cabinet. I mean, why would I? It’s not like a microwave where things are constantly exploding in there. (Although it would kind of make things interesting if stuff in my medicine cabinet constantly exploded.)
6. Have you guys all been keeping up to date on Kelly Clarkson’s response to all the people who keep on hating on her and her body?
Gosh, I love her. I feel like we should be friends.
I bought this super cute polka dot bathing suit last year with the intention of wearing it to the beach and never did. I told myself this was because I kind of hate sand and I burn too easily. This was only partly true. The other part was, well, being a big girl in a bathing suit ain’t easy, folks.
But this year I’m totally going to do it. I swear. I may even take pictures. (GAHHHH!)
8. Speaking of swimsuits, are you all following Baddie Winkle, the 86-year-old swimsuit model on the Instagram? Because, gosh golly, you should.
9. If you’re a downstairs-apartment-dweller, you will totally appreciate this video on Everyone’s Upstairs Neighbors. The only thing it’s missing is the 1-AM-vacuuming-of-the-hardwood-floor-session-FOR-THE-LOVE-OF-GOD-WHY-ARE-WE-VACUUMING-OUR-FLOORS-RIGHT-NOW????
10. Can we all agree that all hospitals should have nurse-cats? Like, EVERY SINGLE ONE.
How was your week, folks? Also, why are almost all the photos in this post of my feet? Am I the only one who takes about five billion photos of her feet each week?