Hey guys, remember me?
Also remember when I used to write about things and not just stuff?
Errm, that sentence made a lot more sense in my head. But you get what I mean, right?
Anyway, I’d like to apologize for my absence as of late. And for the fact that all my posts in the past month or so have been random stuff lists.
I do actually have some posts I want to write about specific things and not just random stuff, but those posts always seem to take me a lot more time and brain power, and, well, I haven’t had a whole lot of either of those lately.
But there will be posts in the near future about things. Promise!
Until then, here’s some stuff:
1. Umm, so guess what, guys?
I went to DC last weekend! For exactly one weekend!
It was all very whirlwindy and last minutey and expensivey. But, hey, that is what happens when your friend calls you on Tuesday and convinces you to fly halfway across the country on Friday by saying the magic words, “Don’t think about the money, think about THE FUN.”
And that is what I would like on my tombstone, folks:
“She didn’t think about the money, she thought about THE FUN. And that’s why she’s buried under a bridge and her tombstone is made out of papier mache and chicken wire.”
2. The big reason I went to DC (besides, you know, THE FUN), was to surprise my friend, who was going to be in town all the way from Australia.
DO YOU KNOW EXACTLY HOW MUCH THIS KILLED ME?
You guys, I’m pretty sure I went through some state of withdrawal. It’s possible I started shaking.
But it was all totally worth it because when we showed up to surprise her (in bunny ears, naturally), she was totally surprised. (And envious of our bunny ears, naturally.)
3. As soon as I came home from DC, I was like “I have to stop traveling right now until I’ve paid off all my bills and become a responsible human being and blah, blah, blah.”
And then the next day I was looking into flights to Iceland.
I’m not the only one who does this, right?
(P.S. Anyone want to go to Iceland with me next January? I mean, I know it’s Iceland in January, but the flights are super cheap!)
4.You guys, have we all binge-watched Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, yet? If not, you’re going to have to start doing that, like, now already.
I made my friends watch it with me in DC because I was getting tired of saying quotes from the show and not having anyone understand what I was talking about.
Hashbrown. No filter.
(Don’t understand what I just said? Well, if you had binge-watched the show already like I told you to, you would know what I’m talking about.)
5. Also, while in DC, I got together with some of my college friends, including my freshman year roommate, who informed me that she thought I was crazy for going camping on my own and that I should really be more worried about weirdo ax-wielding wackos.
I had to remind her that during our freshman year of college she basically forced me to go to London with her for a summer even though I was pretty convinced we were going to die and everybody thought we were crazy.
And that, my friends, is really how I got started on this whole traveling-and-doing-things-other-people-think-are-crazy thing.
So, basically, she started it.
6. Speaking of friends forcing you to do crazy things against your will, a while back I wrote this post about pushy friends.
You guys, how cool is that?
It’s like the Circle of Life.
Or the Circle of Pushiness.
Either one, really.
7. Speaking of doing stuff alone even though other people think you’re crazy, I loved this post by Torre DeRoche about walking alone as a woman.
8. Umm, you guys, I have some kind of big time, monumental news to announce:
I have found a pair of jeans that fit!
Sure, I know this may not sound big time to most of you — or at least to those of you who haven’t spent the better part of your lives pulling up your pants.
You see, as I have mentioned before, I have man-calves and tree-trunk-thighs, and while I have learned to accept my body the way it is, it’s pretty much impossible to find a pair of jeans that can fit over my legs and aren’t too big for my waist.
But when I was in Chicago on my way to Texas the other week, I found this pair of jeans, and you guys it’s been a revelation.
Is this how the rest of the world lives? Not having to pull up their pants every five seconds for fear that they might be mooning everyone behind them?
Plus, now it’s freed my hands up to do other things. Like, hold margaritas.
9. Whelp, you guys, it’s official, it’s spring in Michigan.
Sure, it snowed on Thursday and I am still wearing fleece socks and cranking up my electric blanket at night. And I have yet to actually see a flower or anything.
But in Michigan the true indicator of spring has nothing to do with flowers or whether or not you can feel your toes.
It has everything to do with the beer.
In other words, Oberon is here and that’s all that matters.
10. Speaking of Michigan, have we all seen this map of the perfect Michigan road trip?
I think I may have to tackle it (or portions of it) this summer.
Anyone want to join me?
I’m really good at packing snacks and singing along to the radio. Not to brag or anything.
That’s all, folks. How was your week?