I don’t really have a title for this. Besides “You rock.” And possibly “Y’all be crazy.”

March 3, 2014
Wow, what a weekend you guys!

Friday was the first day of my spring break, so, of course, I  booked a 5:30 AM flight out of town. This seemed like a much better idea when I was booking it — and not a particularly good idea when I was waking up at three in the morning to get to the airport on time. But, I’m sure I saved myself at least thirty dollars, so TOTALLY WORTH IT, RIGHT?

I then promptly missed my second flight, which meant hanging out in the airport much longer than expected.

It was actually kind of nice, you guys.

I haven’t been on a plane or in an airport since I returned to the States over a year and a half ago. I guess distance really does make the heart grow fonder. Either that or I was delusional after waking up at three in the morning. Probably that last one.

Hello, airport chairs. How I missed thee. Kind of.

I arrived in balmy (for me) Washington, DC, where I discovered my hotel was also a German beer tavern and burlesque hall (I swear to you I did not know that when booking it). I promptly sucked down a huge bowl of pho and took a nap. Because I’m eighty, you guys.

Pho real, you guys.

On Saturday, I got to witness the wedding of two of my favoritest peoples.
Party time!

Party time!

There were lots of cupcakes.

And rainbow-horned unicorns.

And the seating was travel-themed. BECAUSE THESE ARE MY PEOPLE.

I ended up at the Italy table. I was hoping this meant pasta and hot, swarthy men were in my immediate future.

I only got the pasta. But it was really GOOD pasta. So there’s that.

And, then, on Sunday, I showed up at my college friend’s house in Maryland just in time to watch the Oscars with her and her two teenage daughters.

Here’s a hint: if you want to feel really old, really fast, you should watch the Oscars with some teenagers. They didn’t know who Bette Midler was, you guys. How is that even possible?

And today I woke up to a snowstorm that shut down all of Maryland, DC and Virginia.

That snowstorm? It looked like this:

storm

Isn’t it freaking adorable? I mean, I can still see the grass! I haven’t seen the grass in Michigan in about five months.

Oh yeah, and this weekend, I found out I was nominated for a Bloggie.

Again.

Because you guys are crazy. And awesome. And I don’t even have words for all the other stuff.

AHHHHHHHH!

AHHHHHHHH!

But, seriously, you guys, how does this keep happening? I love you, and I’m so happy that you keep nominating me for this, but you all might need to get  your brains checked.

Just saying.

This time I’ve been nominated for Most Humorous Weblog. Which means not only do you guys like me, you think I’m funny.

Now if you could all just tell me that I’m pretty, too, I’d be all set.

TELL ME I'M PRETTY.

TELL ME I’M PRETTY. DO IT.

Just kidding.

(TOTALLY NOT KIDDING.)

If you’d like to vote for me (and, of course, you do!), please head on over to the Bloggie webpage, scroll down to the “Most Humorous Weblog” section which is all the way towards the bottom and looks like this:

most humorous

Ta-da!

Click on the little circle in the right-hand corner of the box with my cartoon face in it.

Then scroll all the way down to the bottom, and enter the secret numerical code to prove you’re not a spambot. Then enter your email address, and click on the yellow rectangle that says “Submit Your Nominations!”

You should get an email right away asking you to click on a link to verify your nominations. If you don’t get an email, check your spam inbox as it’s probably in there.

And then you might want to call the doctor to get your head checked.

Just kidding.

(TOTALLY NOT KIDDING.)

How was your weekend? I hope it was as awesome as mine! Also, thank you! And you’re awesome! And I totally didn’t mean that stuff about you being crazy. Kind of.

1. On March 3, 2014 at 2:30 pm Barlee said:

Congratulations! You got my vote as well. Plus, your totally pretty!

2. On March 3, 2014 at 6:41 pm Leslie in Portland, Oregon said:

Of course you have my vote! And yes, you are pretty. (Can’t you tell?) Hope the trip back to Michigan goes smoothly, Leslie

3. On March 3, 2014 at 9:23 pm Teresa #JoyfulJourneyist said:

Voted for you, the Pretty AND Funny one! You deserve the win 🙂 Congrats on the nomination!

4. On March 3, 2014 at 10:06 pm Glenda Gill said:

Just voted for you on the Bloggie site!

5. On March 4, 2014 at 12:08 am Charli | Wanderlusters said:

Every time I read one of your posts a little bit of pee comes out I giggle so much. I have of course voted for your good self already and shall now present the cherry on the top when I tell you that you are totes gorge 😉
    Charli | Wanderlusters recently posted..Valentine Tales From Travel’s Top Couples

6. On March 4, 2014 at 10:35 am suzette said:

Congratulations! I voted for you!
    suzette recently posted..My First Vancouver Winter

7. On March 4, 2014 at 11:00 am Arlet said:

HAHAHAHAH I am not really sure why but I find the “pho real” hilarious!!
    Arlet recently posted..Fraternity of Strangers

8. On March 5, 2014 at 2:41 am Beth said:

Guess I need to get my head checked since I was one of the people who nominated you! Hope you win 🙂
    Beth recently posted..Travel Tuesdays: Interview with Amber of With Husband in Tow

9. On March 6, 2014 at 3:42 am choi kum fook said:

I had voted for it, but whether in correct way or not.Anyhow I give you in full support, Miss Sally!

10. On March 7, 2014 at 2:06 am becky hutner said:

Just voted! Not only is this the funniest blog I’ve encountered, it’s some of the funniest writing period. You own these Bloggies, Sally!
    becky hutner recently posted..Fashion ‘Round the World: What people wore in Jan ’14

11. On March 8, 2014 at 6:40 am Tom @ Waegook Tom said:

I totally just voted for you. Because, YOU. Seriously, your blog is one of my favourite ones on the entire interwebs.

Also, I can’t believe those teenagers didn’t know who Bette Midler was. I hope you made them watch Hocus Pocus, Beaches, and that episode of The Simpsons she was in.
    Tom @ Waegook Tom recently posted..My Five Favourite Turkish Treats

• On March 8, 2014 at 7:42 am Sally said:

I know. I really should have totally forced them to watch Beaches. And then sit there while I serenade them with “The Wind Beneath My Wings.” Every teenage girl should know that song by heart or she just doesn’t know what living is!

12. On March 9, 2014 at 12:58 pm Ceri said:

As always, congratulations and I’ve voted for you! 😉 Also, you’re beautiful. 😀
    Ceri recently posted..9 Ways You Can Afford to Travel

1. unbrave girl10 Things I Learned from Teenaged Girls This Week | unbrave girl
  2. Meeting The Fabulous Unbrave Girl | Priya's Obsession
  3. I'm entitling this post "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"