Thank You! I Got You Unicorns! And I’m Totally Not Even Lying This Time!

March 28, 2013
In case you missed the announcement at the end of my last post and the fifty billion times I screamed about it on the Facebook and the Twitter, this happened on Sunday:

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I could pretend to be all surprised and, like, “Wow, I had no idea I would win.”

But I’m not going to lie.

I kind of had an idea I was going to win.

Mind you, this is not because I think my blog is a better travel blog than any of the other super awesome travel blogs that were nominated.

I mean, come on, now.

Not only do I not think my blog is a better travel blog, I don’t even really think my blog is a travel blog. I mean, wouldn’t that require me to actually write about travel or something?

Instead, I write about my cat.

And then I post photos of myself in my bathrobe.

Well, hello there.

Well, hello there.

But I do think my readers are pretty much THE BEST BLOG READERS ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET EVER.

If anybody could have made this happen, it would totally be you guys.

Now I know I said I’d give you all ponies if I won.

But I decided you deserve something even more awesomer than ponies.

And, of course, we all know that unicorns are better than ponies.

But do you know what’s even better than a unicorn?

A UNICORN-PONY!

Or, what I like to call, a Unicornie!

Ta-da! She's all yours!

Ta-da! She’s all yours!

As you can see, there’s only one of her and a whole lot of you, so you’re probably going to have to take turns. Maybe someone could come up with some kind of sign-up sheet, or something?

But, that’s not all, folks!

Because, seriously, have you ever known me to NOT totally overdo something?

I mean, come on, this is me we’re talking about here.

I also got you this super magical uni-cat:

IMG_2461

See? MAGICAL.

And this other super magical uni-cat:

IMG_2476

SO, SO, SO MAGICAL.

Because you can never have enough cats. Especially magical unicorn cats. (What? It’s true. You can’t. Cats are like cheese. The more you have in your life, the awesomer your life becomes.)

But there’s more!

There’s also this amazing one-eyed uni-chihuahua:

IMG_2471

The one and only one-eyed, one-horned wonder!

I assure you what he lacks in vision, he totally makes up for in MAGIC.

And, don’t worry, his missing eyeball is not the result of his getting into a horn fight with one of the uni-cats.

Although, I think we all know who’d win if that ever happened.

It would have to be this tough guy right here:

Bad-assest uni-cat EVER, amirite?

Bad-assest uni-cat EVER, amirite?

Umm, I don’t really have any questions for you right now. I just   really wanted to say THANK YOU and YOU ROCK and you deserve about twenty-billion unicorns but these were the only animals that would allow us to put horns on their heads without trampling us to death or pecking out our eyeballs. Oh, and I need to thank my Mom who made the unicorn horns because  I can’t really be trusted with glitter and spray paint.

1. On March 28, 2013 at 7:51 pm Stephanie said:

Congrats, you TOTALLY deserve that award for making the internet a funnier more unicorn-y place!
    Stephanie recently posted..Best Reads March 2013

2. On March 28, 2013 at 10:37 pm Farmer McGlitter said:

We love every nook and crannie of this post, unicorn advocate! <:-)

3. On March 28, 2013 at 10:48 pm cosmoHallitan said:

HAHA! The ticked off expression on the fluffy cat is gift enough for me. I once put reindeer antlers on my cat at Christmas and was given a similar look. Priceless! Congrats on the win and thanks for the laughs!
    cosmoHallitan recently posted..National Museum of Korea

• On March 29, 2013 at 7:53 am Sally said:

I know. I keep on looking at that photo and cracking myself up. She reminds me of Ron Swanson crossed with a cat crossed with a unicorn. All of which adds up to awesome.

4. On March 28, 2013 at 11:17 pm pam said:

And there was peace and justice in the land because the award did actually go to the best candidate for it. And the people were happy, and they hugged their one eyed uni-chihuahuas and everyone lived happily ever after.

5. On March 29, 2013 at 8:14 am Michael Hodson said:

Many, many congratulations. Totally and completely deserved and I hope my readers and followers might have helped our your vote total a bit also (if anyone actually read that endorsement — damn low open rates on newsletters!)

Keep up the great work.
    Michael Hodson recently posted..Ice swimming in Finland. Ice swimming??!!

6. On March 29, 2013 at 12:35 pm Ayngelina said:

So so happy you won. You totally deserve it.
    Ayngelina recently posted..Food Friday: Racist Candy?

7. On March 29, 2013 at 3:25 pm Priya said:

Um, this is uni-awesome! BTW: at first, I thought your mom started a blog. Tell your mom to start a blog.
    Priya recently posted..Your Handbag Does Not Define You

8. On March 29, 2013 at 4:41 pm Tom @ Waegook Tom said:

Congratulations! I totally voted, and would like to place an order for a uni-cat.
    Tom @ Waegook Tom recently posted..The Hawaiian Food Dictionary

9. On March 29, 2013 at 5:41 pm Kate said:

Congratulations on the win! You have a lovely, funny blog that I always enjoy reading.

Although, you know that margaritas–notice the usage of the plural–all ’round would have been a better reward for all your readers’ ballot box stuffing than, well, mass humiliation of one’s pets.

(Mind you, this admonishment is coming from a girl who once tried to dye her horse’s mane and tail neon pink….)

Again, congrats.

• On April 3, 2013 at 11:17 pm Sally said:

Humiliation? Come on, they LOVED that horn. Okay, so maybe only the one white cat tolerated it. And that’s just because we were petting him while we were trying to get the horn on him. He’ll do pretty much anything for a petting session.

10. On March 29, 2013 at 8:52 pm Jessica Hill said:

Congrats on the award! That’s awesome. I want on the list for the unicornie!
    Jessica Hill recently posted..A Desert Camel Safari in Jaisalmer, India

11. On March 29, 2013 at 11:26 pm Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said:

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn’t see you had won, I’m soooo happy for you! And your cat is the cutest thing in the world.
    Andi of My Beautiful Adventures recently posted..Cayman Islands: Day 3

12. On March 30, 2013 at 11:18 am Edna said:

Yay congrats! I totally voted for you and unicorns are a fair trade for a vote in my opinion.
    Edna recently posted..The 5 best things I ate in Singapore — #3: Bak Kut Teh

13. On April 4, 2013 at 5:29 pm lapiubelladitutte said:

Congrats, great blog and I totally agree with the cats part, you can never have enough!

14. On April 7, 2013 at 1:37 am mumun said:

I feel so blessed and magical just to be a reader, liking cats, and one eyed dogs. I… I… can’t tell you how much this post means to me. *tear falling and hugging myself*

15. On April 8, 2013 at 7:41 pm Sam said:

UNICORN CATS! Cramazeballs! (Yes, you read that right, not “sleazeballs” like my spell checker wants to correct it to. Boo.)

Congratulations.
    Sam recently posted..Travel Diary: 2013, Week #14

16. On April 20, 2013 at 7:02 am Temi said:

Hey Sally! Congrats! You totally deserve the award. This is my first time of commenting on your post; not because I just discovered it- No! I mean, I have been following your blog even before I knew what the meaning of ‘blogging’ was. LOL. I guess I’ve just been scared that you won’t know how much your posts have affected my life in so many positive ways. Well, here it goes- YOUR BLOG ROCKS 😉

17. On June 14, 2013 at 1:33 pm Ceri said:

Belated but Congratulations! I knew you’d win too. 😉 … Also OMG! Unipony is the best!!
    Ceri recently posted..NY Bucket List: #1 – Visit Central Park

18. On March 23, 2014 at 10:38 am Tracey - Life Changing Year said:

I can’t believe I missed this!
    Tracey – Life Changing Year recently posted..Favourite Fotos – Family Famous Sayings Out In The World!

1. unbrave girl10 Things My Mother Taught Me about Life, Love and Farm Animals (Well, mostly farm animals.) | unbrave girl
  2. The Pushy Friendship: The Story of How A Polish Girl Made Me Travel | Priya's Obsession