You Asked For It

January 23, 2013

IMG_0249

Hey, remember that survey I made you for Christmas? And how I begged you for two weeks to fill it out? Because that’s how Christmas works, you guys. I should know. I went to Catholic school for ten years of my life.

Anyway, you guys totally rocked it!

In fact, the survey reached “maximum response limit.” And the monkeys over at Survey Monkey keep on emailing me to tell me that I’m popular and that I should give them money. Apparently, that’s how popularity works. I wouldn’t know anything about that.

I just wanted to thank all of you who took time out of your busy days to fill out the survey and provide me with thoughtful comments and suggestions.

All of your feedback has been extremely helpful. And, well, at times, confusing. Like when I asked “What topics would you like to see covered more on this blog?” and someone responded with, “Moose love!”

Okay, come to think of it, that makes total sense now.

IMG_7627

Hey, you asked for it.

Most of all, I was curious to find out what kind of posts and series you would like to see me offer in the future on this blog. I have tons of ideas of fun new things I’d like to try on here, but, first, I wanted to get your input.

Surprisingly, very few of you expressed interest in farming tips. Which is too bad because my Dad has generously offered to teach me how to use the manure spreader. You know, “for the blog.” And, well, it looks like I’ll have to tell him you guys just aren’t that interested in that kind of thing. (Umm, P.S., thank you!)

But a fair majority of you said you wanted me to start an advice column. Because, apparently, you have learned absolutely nothing about me from reading my blog at all.

Me?

Give advice?

To people?

About things?

Are we sure about this?

I’m warning you. This will not end well.

But, hey, you asked for it!

So, people, do you have a question that I might be able to answer? Do you need advice on a topic that I might know a thing or two about? Do you promise not to sue me when you follow my advice and end up in jail?

Then please leave your question below in the comments, fill out the contact form or email me your question at unbravegirl at gmail.com.

I look forward to hearing what you come up with!

Actually, I’m kind of looking forward to hearing what I come up with, too.

Have I mentioned that this is so not going to end well?

Let’s hear it, guys! Need advice? Start asking! Or do you have another blog series idea you’d like to see me do on this blog? Let me know!

1. On January 23, 2013 at 8:20 am Kristin of Be My Travel Muse said:

I’ve got one for submittal: I recall your post about your elation over finding shoes that fit your feet in China. Where in the world in Asia can I find jeans to fit my foreigner ass? This is a constant problem. I need your help. Please and thank you.
    Kristin of Be My Travel Muse recently posted..I am Not Brave, I am Not Lucky

2. On January 23, 2013 at 1:12 pm Selly said:

Excuse me…?! I vividly remember that it was *you* who insisted that my fish likes me at least as much as I like him and that I should follow your advice and “tell him because if it goes arse up you’re leaving for Beijing anyway” :-p Anyway your advice is not all bad. I don’t have a question for you at the moment but I will think about it…although you know I could always take you up on those farming tips and ask for advice on that… 😉

3. On January 23, 2013 at 1:54 pm drunk said:

What is the best position for Moose love?

4. On January 23, 2013 at 7:51 pm Priya said:

You will receive a very LONG email in your inbox sometime in the near future 🙂
    Priya recently posted..World Domination, Boy Bands, Mariah On Idol, Feeding Myself, And I Don’t Even Know What This Post Is About Anymore

5. On January 24, 2013 at 11:24 am Sine said:

no YOU asked for it. Here goes…

How do you get over that slump about a week after moving to a new place and realize:

– you know no one. And can’t get your kids’ friends’ parents to call you back to get something as silly as a playdate set up

– you are sick and now have to research all the doctors in your new place, a project you had wanted to postpone until at least after the first 6 months, while running to the bathroom every 5 minutes

– you don’t even know where to begin with your long list of music lessons, sports teams, and contractors for home improvement to research

– your son is now suddenly of driving age and, as if you had nothing else to do, you find yourself glued to the passenger seat every day, gripping the edge and breaking (valiantly but unsuccessfully, as a friend put it) with your right foot and willing the car to turn by sheer willpower

Can’t wait for your advice. I know at least I’ll get a good laugh out of it:-)
    Sine recently posted..The Expat Toilet

6. On January 25, 2013 at 9:08 am The Guy said:

Hmm moose love is a new concept on me. Good on you though. I think you should share advice on more unappreciated and unloved items/things.
    The Guy recently posted..Sorting Out Your Finances At Home Whilst Being Abroad

7. On January 28, 2013 at 5:13 am Kelly said:

I have a question! How much time should I spend on starting my dream career before I give in to my inner desire to run away overseas again?
    Kelly recently posted..My Top Five Worst Travel Experiences

8. On January 29, 2013 at 3:58 am Naomi said:

I am sooo looking forward to your new advice column, though I suspect I may die laughing!!
    Bring it on!!!
    Naomi recently posted..How does my garden grow?

9. On February 16, 2013 at 7:38 am Lucia said:

How do I avoid getting sick in China? I teach 500 kids a week, all coughing and sneezing without covering their mouths, and I pretty much get sick once a month. I already use hand sanitizer like mad to alleviate the worst of the germs, but I’m thinking a Haz-Mat suit might be in order.

• On February 17, 2013 at 2:43 pm Sally said:

Ooo, that’s a GOOD one. I don’t really know if I have the answer to that, though, as I got sick almost every 3 months when I was in China and stayed sick for about a month each time.

10. On March 4, 2013 at 11:22 pm Ceri said:

I LOVE this idea. 😀 You’re hilarious and the only person online I trust to give advice. Hahaha. No, but in all seriousness, I’m going to send you a question I do have through the contact form anyway. Not exactly blogworthy but I know you have experience in the matter so I thought I’d ask (if you have time).
    Ceri recently posted..Scenes from the Museo de Arte Moderno