I won! I won! I won! (Alternative title: Wheeeeeeeeeeee!)

March 1, 2012
Hey, so remember a little while ago when I told you all that you were super pretty and super smart and super nice… and then begged you to vote for my blog in the Twelfth Annual Weblog Awards?

Oh yeah, and it’s possible I promised a few of you ponies.

Well, it appears flattery and groveling and free ponies totally work with you guys. (I mean, come on now, of course it worked! Who doesn’t like a little flattery and a few free ponies?)

On Monday, I found out that I won the award for the Best Asian Weblog. And let me tell you that was no easy feat as I had to beat out some pretty fierce competition.

Yayyyy!

(Yes, that is a photo I took of my computer screen because I still don’t know how to take a screenshot even though a lot of you told me how to do it last time. But I’m not really very good at following directions… or understanding directions which happen to use fancy high-tech words like “double-click” and “computer screen.” Besides, I’d like to think my winning this award is just proof that you all love me just the way I am – namely, hopeless.)

Needless to say, I’ve been pretty pumped ever since I found out about my win.

This is even more exciting than the time I won that box of freeze-dried fish after running my first 5K race in Japan. (Don’t be too impressed. Everyone won a box of freeze-dried fish at that race. I suspect this was a ploy to lure as many race participants as possible. And I’m thinking it probably worked. I mean, who wouldn’t want a whole box of freeze-dried fish… besides, umm, me, that is?)

Really? I thought I was getting a t-shirt.

Of course, I couldn’t have done this without you.

Now, I would really love to pay you all back in some way for all your support and votes and encouragement. But, sadly, the award does not come with any kind of cash payment or even a shiny statue that I can try to trade in for stuff.

So, I’ve been racking my brain for the past couple days trying to think of a suitable token of my appreciation.

And this is what I came up with:

(Yes, that is my couch in the background. I felt it only right that it was included. And, yes, indeedy, I am wearing my bathrobe. Because, sure, I could have dressed up for a fancy victory photo-shoot but I’d hate for you to think I’d already gone changing on you.)

Thank you, guys.

You’re pretty much the bestest.

1. On March 1, 2012 at 1:25 pm 50+ and on the Run said:

Wheeeee!
    50+ and on the Run recently posted..Fiddle-dee-dee, it’s Leap Day

2. On March 1, 2012 at 1:29 pm Valerie Hamer said:

Wooooooh. Congratz. Sadly I never did get either of the two confirmation emails to let me vote for you – so I can’t claim the IOU.

You are the best!

3. On March 1, 2012 at 1:31 pm MaryAnne said:

Pony! I want a pony!

PS Congratulations!
    MaryAnne recently posted..Notes on Scuba Diving in Thailand (and Elsewhere) for the Non-Amphibious

4. On March 1, 2012 at 1:52 pm Jaime said:

Congrats on the win… well deserved!!! I love you and your blog tons… and I am going to hold on to the IOU of Ponies. One day it just may be valid to trade it in…lol!!! I do want a pony though… so it works out great.
    Jaime recently posted..A YEAR into my “BREAKAWAY” & I wonder if I’ll ever be able to go back to a “NORMAL” life?

5. On March 1, 2012 at 1:58 pm Ali said:

Congrats! And I love the horseshoe U on your IOU PONIES sign 🙂
    Ali recently posted..Milford Sound – Before the Cruise

• On March 10, 2012 at 5:06 am Sally said:

That wasn’t intentional at all. I was having difficulty writing the sign as I had to write it backwards (as I was using Photobooth to take the picture and for some reason it takes mirror image pictures). And then when I saw the picture, I was like, “Cool, a horseshoe. Everyone’s going to think I’m so clever… when I’m actually just really bad at using Sharpies.”

6. On March 1, 2012 at 2:01 pm Gillian @OneGiantStep said:

Yay!! You pretty much deserve it!
    Gillian @OneGiantStep recently posted..Monday Moment: Fishing From The Galata Bridge, Istanbul, Turkey

7. On March 1, 2012 at 2:39 pm Rachel said:

Congratulations!

8. On March 1, 2012 at 4:40 pm Pamm said:

Oh, well done Sally!!! And I just figured out the screen shot thing. Sigh.

9. On March 1, 2012 at 4:53 pm Becca said:

WOO HOO! Congratulations, Sally! Well deserved, of course. So now that you’re super famous can I officially say I knew you when?

10. On March 1, 2012 at 7:56 pm Ken C. said:

Yay! Let fly the confetti! [and who doesn’t like a ticker-tape parade?] Well deserved & much applause! Also, now you can add a tastefully discrete but completely obvious “award winning” banner somewhere on your webpage…

• On March 10, 2012 at 5:03 am Sally said:

“Tastefully discrete”? That doesn’t really sound like me. I was thinking instead of putting a dancing unicorn in the sidebar with the words “I won! I won! I won” written in rainbow colors on its flanks. That’s tasteful, right?

11. On March 1, 2012 at 8:53 pm Ceri said:

Congrats, hunni! You totally deserved it. And you can pay us back for voting for you by continuing to write incrediible posts! 😀

12. On March 1, 2012 at 9:40 pm Jess said:

Hang on, hang on – I thought I was getting a unicorn?

13. On March 1, 2012 at 11:29 pm Edna said:

Congrats!! Also, I’d probably run more 5Ks if freeze-dried food was involved.
    Edna recently posted..The 5 best things I ate in Paris in February

• On March 2, 2012 at 12:56 am Sally said:

Ha ha! I can’t say I was a big fan of the freeze-dried food. In fact, the only reason why I ran that race was because my friends promised me I’d win a t-shirt. It took me like 5 races before I actually got a t-shirt. I kept winning fish and cabbage and onions.

14. On March 1, 2012 at 11:47 pm Katherina said:

Congrats!! You deserve it!
    Katherina recently posted..I Eat Patagonia.

15. On March 2, 2012 at 12:15 am jan said:

A pink pleather outfit, a supreme couch, a dumpling obsession, and the most compulsive readers EVER – Of course you won it – we wouldn’t have it any other way! Damn it!
    jan recently posted..IT’S RAINING CATS AND DOGS IN ITALY

16. On March 2, 2012 at 12:19 am Priya said:

I feel like I had something to do with this. 🙂 Congrats, Sally!!! Yay!!
    Priya recently posted..Thoughts On The Dating Industry/ Hosting a Wingwomen Mixer

17. On March 2, 2012 at 1:56 am Ross said:

Way to go! I sure think you deserve this win. I look forward to your posts, it’s like getting a letter in the mail from a far away friend (which doesn’t ever happen any more). Not so sure you deserved the freeze-dried fish though, at least not a full box. Come on, it wasn’t a marathon. Congratulations!
    Ross recently posted..Back of Beyond

18. On March 2, 2012 at 5:29 am Serena said:

You know what, you can always give people virtual pictures of ponies. There’s uber amounts of pony artwork on the webs these days considering the popularity of the current My Little Pony – Friendship is Magic series…

Serena recently posted..ASL (Alphabet) – Switched at Birth

19. On March 2, 2012 at 8:44 am Laurence said:

Amazing Sally, great job. You totally deserve this 🙂

ps My pony will be very happy here, as I have a large garden and a nice river for him to drink from.
    Laurence recently posted..In photos: My life in France (so far!)

20. On March 2, 2012 at 2:53 pm Patricia GW said:

Yay!! Congratulations, it’s well deserved!
    Patricia GW recently posted..Take Me There – A Travel Dream

21. On March 2, 2012 at 5:09 pm suki said:

Congrats! 🙂 Bummed I only found you now.
    suki recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – Meals in Costa Rica #1

22. On March 2, 2012 at 9:47 pm Erik said:

Congrats!!!! Well, deserved. I said it once, and I’ll say it again (I tend to do that and it drives my poor wife nuts) but next year It’s onward and upward to Best Blog!

p.s. I love that you got all dressed up for your victory photo.
    Erik recently posted..Postcard Friday- Frankfurt, Germany

23. On March 3, 2012 at 4:27 am Leah Travels said:

Awesome! Congratulations! Ok, someone else can have my pony. I deal with enough horse-related stereotypes living in Texas. I don’t need you adding fuel to the fire.
    Leah Travels recently posted..Texas: A Whole Other Country (Literally)

24. On March 3, 2012 at 2:21 pm choi kum fook said:

I know you have put a lot of afford on it. So you are deserved to win the prize! Well done! Miss Sally!

25. On March 3, 2012 at 8:17 pm Stephanie - The Travel Chica said:

Congrats! One day I will hunt you down to cash in my IOU. I think I need to own some land first because the pony will probably not fit in my condo.
    Stephanie – The Travel Chica recently posted..Foto of the Week from … Isla Mancera – Empty Beach

26. On March 6, 2012 at 3:38 pm Sabrina said:

Congrats! Totally deserved as well 🙂 Love your blog!
    Sabrina recently posted..Only in Texas: Texas Longhorn Cattle Sighting on a Road Trip

27. On March 8, 2012 at 2:19 am Waegook Tom said:

YAY! Congratulations Sally, glad that you won! I voted. Did you know there was only one vote in it? It was my vote.

YOU OWE ME A PONY.

OK, I actually hate ponies. I’d rather have a puppy.

Just mark the package as “clothes” and it’ll get FedExed right through Korean customs.
    Waegook Tom recently posted..Big Bang in Seoul

• On March 10, 2012 at 4:50 am Sally said:

Oh, well, a puppy should be much easier to find. There are plenty of stray ones roaming the streets near my house. I just hope you don’t mind fleas… and possibly rabies.
      And love the packaging suggestion. I’ll get on that right away.

28. On March 9, 2012 at 1:22 am Diana said:

Congrats! So what have you done with the fish?
    Diana recently posted..gummy

• On March 10, 2012 at 4:38 am Sally said:

I gave it to my Japanese coworkers. I love to eat fish but have no idea how to prepare it… especially the freeze-dried kind. Luckily, my coworkers were more than happy to take it off of my hands.

29. On March 12, 2012 at 2:56 am Amer said:

woot! congratulations on the bloggies! If only I have the same stamina as you to complete a 5K challenge, I would go all out for the freeze dried fish 😉
    Amer recently posted..Kuala Lumpur’s skyline from 1960′s – the age of our fathers and grandfathers

30. On March 13, 2012 at 8:54 am Sharell said:

That’s awesome. Congratulations. My blog was a finalist too, but I’m honestly happy yours won. I LOVE the concept of it because I’m a bit of a scaredy cat too… but have some how managed to end up living in India. 😉 Best wishes!!! And, I’m going to keep reading your blog.
    Sharell recently posted..The Worst Poured Beer I’ve Ever Seen

31. On March 13, 2012 at 8:02 pm Idun said:

Congratulations! I did of course vote for you as well, as you blog was clearly the best of the options 🙂
    Idun recently posted..Rammstein!

32. On March 26, 2012 at 11:59 am Maddy @ I'm Not Home said:

Congratulations! Love reading your stuff. Don’t worry, you’ll master the screen shot one day (I have to Google instructions every time!!)
    Maddy @ I’m Not Home recently posted..ACHTUNG!: The backpacker’s essential first aid kit