I Need Your Help (No, I’m not asking for money. But if you’re offering…)

February 5, 2012

My, aren’t you looking stunning today!

Really.

Have you lost weight?

And I love what you’re doing with your hair. What’s that you say? You don’t have any hair? Well, I hardly even noticed.

And, that shirt/scarf/bathrobe/plastic tarp you’re wearing really looks lovely with your eyes/skin tone/dimples/goiters.

You probably just think I’m saying all this to butter you up so I can ask you for a favor.

I’m not.

Really.

Besides, someone as clever as you would be able to see through such a simple ruse. I wouldn’t even try to pull something like that on you.

But, since we’re talking about favors you can do me… (We were talking about favors you can do me, right?).

I was wondering if you could help me out a bit.

You see, I’ve been nominated for a Bloggie Award for Best Asian Weblog. And I’m really going to need your help if I want any chance of winning this thing as I have some pretty stiff competition in my category.

I’m already feeling like a total winner for being nominated by so many of you lovely folks out there. I mean, I already knew you all were gorgeous and rocket scientist smart. But, now, I know you’re also super generous and kind and prone to nominating me for awards I really probably don’t deserve.

Plus, just seeing my little blog’s name on the same page as the names of some major big name blogs out there, like The Huffington Post, The Bloggess, The Pioneer Woman and The Oatmeal, is pretty amazing.

But you know what would make me feel even more like a winner?

Winning!

But before I can win the award, I need to actually earn it by getting the most votes. So, if you could, please hop on over to the Bloggie website page and vote for me, I’d really appreciate it.

Voting is easy but it does require a few steps.  So to help you out, I’ve come up with this handy step-by-step guide.

(Not that I think you need my help. I mean, come on, a genius person like you? I bet you could do this in your sleep with your eyes closed while underwater. And I’d bet you’d look totally awesome while you did it!)

Your Handy Dandy Guide to Voting For Me For a Bloggie

1. Go to the Bloggie website.

2. Scroll down to the Best Asian Weblog section. It will look like this.

Yes, this is a photo I took of my computer screen because I don’t know how to do a screen shot. It’s a good thing this award isn’t for tech savviness as I’d be doomed.

3. Find the little box for my blog and click on the little circle in the bottom right-hand corner. Don’t even bother looking at the other blogs in my category. Sure, those other blogs are really good. But did those blogs tell you that you look gorgeous today? I didn’t think so. And those blogs totally never notice when you do something new with your hair.

4. Vote for other blogs in the other categories if you’d like. (May I suggest voting for Jodi of Legal Nomads for the Best Travel Weblog and Dan from Canvas of Light for Best Photography of a Weblog? And then just go ahead and vote for The Bloggess for all the other categories. Even a few categories she wasn’t nominated for. That’s what I did.)

5. After making all your selections, enter the secret code to ensure that you’re not a robot. Unless you are a robot. Then you’re probably going to need a human friend to help you out.

6. Enter your email address. Only one vote is allowed per email address.

7. Click on the yellow button that says “Submit Your Nominations!”

8. Go check your email. You should have received an email asking you to click on the link to verify your vote. I think this is also to prevent voting by robots. (Wow, some people are really paranoid about robots.)

Editor’s note: According to the lovely Jan, who left a comment below (and who does look particularly fetching in her new dress), the email they send you to verify your vote may end up in your spam folder. So if you don’t get the email right away, be sure to check your spam folder.

9. Sit back. Relax. And be happy that you’ve done your good deed for the day. (Not that someone as generous as you limits yourself to one good deed per day. Oh no! I bet you’ll be saving kittens from trees and fighting house fires in twenty minutes time!)

Voting will take place until February 19th. But you should just go over there and vote for me right now before you get too busy and forget. Not that I’m saying you’re the forgetful type. I’m just saying that someone as good-looking and intelligent as you probably has lots of stuff going on this month – like lots of hot dates with supermodels and cures for cancer to sort out and such.

Thanks to all of you who nominated me. And a HUGE thanks to every one of you who reads my blog and puts up with my blathering on about my couch without ever making a point and then still leaves nice comments to me.

I love you, guys.

But, seriously, who wouldn’t love you guys?

I mean, a bunch of super nice, gorgeous Einsteins like you?

What’s not to love?

1. On February 5, 2012 at 1:46 am Mikeachim said:

You totally had me until the unicorns.

I *hate* unicorns.

Seriously, have you ever cleaned up after a unicorn? Two words: *magical poop*. Nothing shifts it. Apparently it can survive a nuclear blast, so you can be sure household cleaner won’t even put a shine on it.

Anyway, I digress. Keep up the good work. But I’m not damn well voting for you.

Partly because of the unicorns thing, partly because I already voted. But mainly, I’ll admit, the unicorns thing.

• On February 8, 2012 at 3:59 am Sally said:

Mike,
      I suspect there is something you’re not telling me. I suspect it has something to do with childhood trauma. And a secret love of unicorns. Come on, I think it’s time to come out of the unicorn loving closet, so to speak. This is a safe place. 🙂

2. On February 5, 2012 at 2:16 am Jackie said:

FINALLY, someone notices my haircut. I mean, I was going to vote for you anyway, but I just wanted to make sure you noticed it first. You know how it goes.

Seriously though, good luck!! I really hope you win 🙂
    Jackie recently posted..the post-travel slump routine

• On February 8, 2012 at 3:54 am Sally said:

Ooo, is the avatar pic of you with your new haircut? I love it! I always wished I could pull of short hair but alas my hair is too fine & curly… plus I have a bald spot. (Truly. I do.)
      And thanks for the vote!

3. On February 5, 2012 at 2:38 am Ross said:

I may be a new reader of your blog but it was pretty easy to give you my vote. Good luck.
    Ross recently posted..臭豆腐 Stinky Tofu

4. On February 5, 2012 at 9:09 am Joseph said:

Really? I mean REALLY? do you even have to ask? of course I’ll vote for you…come on, even tried to remember passwords to older emails so you get plenty of votes. But alas, I also need a tiny favor – I mentioned the little book project of mine, well, it’s started…when you have the time (and patience), just hop over there and give your opinion!
    Oh, the address is bookhurricane.com 😉
    And your hair looks really lovely today…must be the couch effect, totally loving it 😀
    Joseph recently posted..New project

5. On February 5, 2012 at 12:16 pm Mr London Street said:

I’ll vote for you (even if you don’t vote for me – Best European Blog, since you asked). Best of luck!

• On February 8, 2012 at 3:51 am Sally said:

Thanks, Mr. London. And good luck yourself! I’m off to check out your blog. Even if I don’t win, it’s been fun checking out all my fellow nominees’ blogs. So many good reads out there. I may have to quit my job just so I can read all of them!

6. On February 5, 2012 at 3:57 pm Don said:

Sally:

I voted! It was easy and FUN! Good luck. Looking forward to being mentioned in your acceptance speech.

7. On February 5, 2012 at 5:20 pm Leah Travels said:

Fantastic! I voted…best of luck!
    Leah Travels recently posted..My Favorite Place on Earth: Fenway Park

8. On February 5, 2012 at 9:53 pm jan said:

You do know that flattery will get you nowhere don’t you?
    Luckily I was going to vote for you anyway – what’s that – my new dress brings out the beautiful colour of my eyes?
    Blush, flutter,……
    Some people may have the same problem I had when voting. The email they send afterward that you HAVE TO ACTIVATE or you have wasted your time voting, went into my Junk Mail box.
    Fingers Crossed!
    jan recently posted..TWO ITALIAN OBSESSIONS

• On February 8, 2012 at 3:50 am Sally said:

Jan, thanks for the heads up on the spam folder thing. I added this tidbit of information to my post. And that new dress does look simply stunning on you!

9. On February 5, 2012 at 10:39 pm Stephanie - The Travel Chica said:

Sweetie, I’m reading this DAYS after I already voted for you and the fabulous others 🙂
    Stephanie – The Travel Chica recently posted..Planking: An Aussie Photo Tradition

10. On February 6, 2012 at 1:18 am Janet said:

i’ll definitely vote for you! haha and to do a screen shot, just search for “grab” on the top right corner of your macbook. 😉
    Janet recently posted..A Philosophical Meandering (on Digital Space)

• On February 8, 2012 at 3:48 am Sally said:

Thanks for the vote, Janet. And, umm, yeah, I still don’t understand how to do a screen shot. “Grab”? Is that on my keyboard or on the computer screen somewhere? I’m useless.

11. On February 7, 2012 at 7:56 am choi kum fook said:

I, Choi kum Fook would definitely support you fully! Every post is great to read! The posts consist all kind of feelings like humor, happiness,anger, sorrow, emotion,enthusiasm etc. Or, whatever they are, just made me so enthusiastic and interesting to read them! As you know, I am a new computer learner,but anyhow i try to follow your instruction for the voting. Finally,I sincerely hoping you will be chosen for The Best Asia Blog Award!! Good luck! Abregodo! Miss Sally!

12. On February 7, 2012 at 1:49 pm Nicole said:

Congrats on the nomination!
    Just voted for you and Jodi!

13. On February 7, 2012 at 7:20 pm Tom Stockwell said:

I voted for you, of course!

…do I win a prize? All I want is some fried chicken and an adoptive child that I make dance for me when I’m bored, and then discard when sufficiently entertained…which now I think about it is my old ESL teaching job in South Korea.

I’ll just stick with the chicken.
    Tom Stockwell recently posted..Terezín Concentration Camp

14. On February 7, 2012 at 10:04 pm Ken C. said:

Of course I voted for you! How uncanny, though, that you KNEW I was wrapped in my blue tarp when I read your blog…your Super Powers are truly awesome!

• On February 8, 2012 at 3:41 am Sally said:

Well, it just so happens that I happen to wear a blue tarp while reading blogs, so I figured chances are that I’m not the only one… I guess I was right! 🙂

15. On February 8, 2012 at 6:08 am Megan said:

Congrats, lady! I’ll be moseying over to vote for you…

16. On February 8, 2012 at 7:59 am Al Tay said:

VOTED!! good Luck!!

17. On February 9, 2012 at 3:49 pm Jill said:

Consider it done

18. On February 9, 2012 at 3:51 pm Jill said:

Consider it done!

19. On February 9, 2012 at 7:38 pm Ayngelina said:

Such an easy vote, you are definitely my favourite Asian travel blog.
    Ayngelina recently posted..Reader’s choice – where should I go?

20. On February 10, 2012 at 5:20 pm Priya said:

You have my vote, girl!
    Priya recently posted..My Sad Attempt To Ski

21. On February 21, 2012 at 10:29 am Barbara said:

Done! Good luck.
    (And you know I only voted for you because you noticed I lost some weight, right?)
    Barbara recently posted..Four Months Without A Guidebook

22. On February 21, 2012 at 4:51 pm Ceri said:

Already voted for you, hun. 😉