Have you lost weight?
And I love what you’re doing with your hair. What’s that you say? You don’t have any hair? Well, I hardly even noticed.
And, that shirt/scarf/bathrobe/plastic tarp you’re wearing really looks lovely with your eyes/skin tone/dimples/goiters.
You probably just think I’m saying all this to butter you up so I can ask you for a favor.
Besides, someone as clever as you would be able to see through such a simple ruse. I wouldn’t even try to pull something like that on you.
But, since we’re talking about favors you can do me… (We were talking about favors you can do me, right?).I was wondering if you could help me out a bit.
You see, I’ve been nominated for a Bloggie Award for Best Asian Weblog. And I’m really going to need your help if I want any chance of winning this thing as I have some pretty stiff competition in my category.
I’m already feeling like a total winner for being nominated by so many of you lovely folks out there. I mean, I already knew you all were gorgeous and rocket scientist smart. But, now, I know you’re also super generous and kind and prone to nominating me for awards I really probably don’t deserve.
Plus, just seeing my little blog’s name on the same page as the names of some major big name blogs out there, like The Huffington Post, The Bloggess, The Pioneer Woman and The Oatmeal, is pretty amazing.
But you know what would make me feel even more like a winner?
But before I can win the award, I need to actually earn it by getting the most votes. So, if you could, please hop on over to the Bloggie website page and vote for me, I’d really appreciate it.
Voting is easy but it does require a few steps. So to help you out, I’ve come up with this handy step-by-step guide.
(Not that I think you need my help. I mean, come on, a genius person like you? I bet you could do this in your sleep with your eyes closed while underwater. And I’d bet you’d look totally awesome while you did it!)
Your Handy Dandy Guide to Voting For Me For a Bloggie
1. Go to the Bloggie website.
2. Scroll down to the Best Asian Weblog section. It will look like this.
3. Find the little box for my blog and click on the little circle in the bottom right-hand corner. Don’t even bother looking at the other blogs in my category. Sure, those other blogs are really good. But did those blogs tell you that you look gorgeous today? I didn’t think so. And those blogs totally never notice when you do something new with your hair.
4. Vote for other blogs in the other categories if you’d like. (May I suggest voting for Jodi of Legal Nomads for the Best Travel Weblog and Dan from Canvas of Light for Best Photography of a Weblog? And then just go ahead and vote for The Bloggess for all the other categories. Even a few categories she wasn’t nominated for. That’s what I did.)
5. After making all your selections, enter the secret code to ensure that you’re not a robot. Unless you are a robot. Then you’re probably going to need a human friend to help you out.
6. Enter your email address. Only one vote is allowed per email address.
7. Click on the yellow button that says “Submit Your Nominations!”
8. Go check your email. You should have received an email asking you to click on the link to verify your vote. I think this is also to prevent voting by robots. (Wow, some people are really paranoid about robots.)
Editor’s note: According to the lovely Jan, who left a comment below (and who does look particularly fetching in her new dress), the email they send you to verify your vote may end up in your spam folder. So if you don’t get the email right away, be sure to check your spam folder.
9. Sit back. Relax. And be happy that you’ve done your good deed for the day. (Not that someone as generous as you limits yourself to one good deed per day. Oh no! I bet you’ll be saving kittens from trees and fighting house fires in twenty minutes time!)
Voting will take place until February 19th. But you should just go over there and vote for me right now before you get too busy and forget. Not that I’m saying you’re the forgetful type. I’m just saying that someone as good-looking and intelligent as you probably has lots of stuff going on this month – like lots of hot dates with supermodels and cures for cancer to sort out and such.Thanks to all of you who nominated me. And a HUGE thanks to every one of you who reads my blog and puts up with my blathering on about my couch without ever making a point and then still leaves nice comments to me.
I love you, guys.
But, seriously, who wouldn’t love you guys?
I mean, a bunch of super nice, gorgeous Einsteins like you?
What’s not to love?